new tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For cleaning, get big filters, do large PWCs and get a gravel vac. Don't overfeed and you won't have leftovers.

It's usually best to only mix fish that might live together in the wild, and can coexist in a tank. IMHO

For cleaning, get big filters, do large PWCs and get a gravel vac. Don't overfeed and you won't have leftovers.

It's usually best to only mix fish that might live together in the wild, and can coexist in a tank. IMHO

I have the siphon vac. and two aquaeon 75 gallon filters.

Look for tankmates for your most aggressive species. Some will eat the eyes of bottom feeders. GTs are not easy to find good long term tank mates.

That would be the Buttikoferi. Gotta do some research .thanks.

No Loaches !!!! Will be killed !

Maybe Syno Cat or Armored Pleco of some sort.
I can't believe you put Cories in that tank :(

Kribensis. Aggresive, medium sized, colorful thrive in schools of four or more. There is an option....

Kribensis. Aggresive, medium sized, colorful thrive in schools of four or more. There is an option....

Small, not that aggressive. I've kept them in a community tank.

Bad idea to mix African and New World species usually. There are a few exceptions.

I don't know that you actually have room for more fish. Big Cichlids grow FAST usually and need room.

Ah I see, I wasn't familiar with buttikoferi. You already have a recipe for disaster mixing that with a Green Terror.

From the web "The ideal setup for the Buttikoferi Cichlid is a tank of at least 70 gallons with plenty of rocks for territories and a medium-sized gravel planted with hardy plants. This fish will become aggressive towards smaller fish, so it is important to keep them with similar-sized fish, or in a species tank. "

GL

Small, not that aggressive. I've kept them in a community tank.

Bad idea to mix African and New World species usually. There are a few exceptions.

I don't know that you actually have room for more fish. Big Cichlids grow FAST usually and need room.

Ah I see, I wasn't familiar with buttikoferi. You already have a recipe for disaster mixing that with a Green Terror. Thanks for the kribs advice. Scratch them.

From the web "The ideal setup for the Buttikoferi Cichlid is a tank of at least 70 gallons with plenty of rocks for territories and a medium-sized gravel planted with hardy plants. This fish will become aggressive towards smaller fish, so it is important to keep them with similar-sized fish, or in a species tank. "

GL

I dont have a green terror. I have jd and a blue acara and a salvini and a black convict. Thanks for the advice scratch the kribs off my list.

You've got multiple threads asking the same questions. Can you maybe stick to one thread ?

What is your current tank size again ?

What is you current stock ?

Filtration ?

I really don't think you should be adding more fish again, so soon. Too many fish too fast can crash a new tank. And you need to be patient and thoughtful about any new additions, you may need to swap OUT some fish as it is. You may be headed for a train wreck unless you slow down and research more.

But I can't tell you what to do. I've worked in LFSs as well as a Petsmart. I've been working with animals for many years. I've seen so many fish die needlessly from people rushing.

Do your best for your fish and you may have them for many years.

My apologies. Someone else has a GT. I read your Green Texas as GT.

Got it. I know i should slow down and do more research. I just go the pet stores and want to bring them all home. Lol. Thanks for the input guys.

I have always kept jack dempseys, cories, and clown loaches. I'm kind of surprised that the jacks ate them because cories have always been the least picked on by my larger, more aggressive fish.

Back
Top Bottom