New ten gallon Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People at petsmart don't usually no much of what they are talking about. Your going to have to be doing regular water changes of 50% or more maybe even twice a day to keep your ammonia down until you build up some bacteria. You want to keep the ammonia below .25ppm even 2ppm is bad for your fish. So a lot of bucket work. Also you need to check for nitirtes and nitrates to because once you start cycling those will start going up too.

They wouldn't tell you this because they likely don't KNOW this. Your fish store is not the place to get information about fish, believe it or not.

I'm pretty sure they will accept a return on the fish. I would take that money and get the test kit. While the tank cycles you can save up for the new fish..it will take a while. When you get the new fish you'll have far fewer losses so you'll save money in the end and have much happier fish :)

Shoot, slick. I know pretty much all there is to know about the GSP..

what size tank do u keep her in ? how big is she? and do u have any other tankmates with her. one website said they are aggressive.

Sorry for the slow reply, but they should be in 10+ gallons minimum as adults. They get to be about 6 inches and mine is currently 2 inches and I've got her in a 5. They will eat almost anything. Mine eats flake or live food. She can kill over 1 shrimp per day.

Another thing, I have no other tank mates other than shrimp because she's in such small confinements for now. I'm trying to give her away to a good home.

Back
Top Bottom