New tetras normal ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sabrinarichard

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I go black line tetras (I don't know the exact name) and they don't seem like my others, my others only have2 line the rest is clear.. These seem to have markings on their skin, like black coloration, a bit like the spots on Molly's for example, is this normal, just another batch from my previous buy that has normal variations on the colour ? Or could this be a sickness, I have no QT tank at the moment (my fry/QT tank is broken) and I don't want to take chances with my community, or my breeding tank.. Tanks for your input!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396729854.861768.jpg

These are black neon tetras. The colour patches are pigmentation showing through the faded colour. The colours are faded due to the normal stress of being in the transport bag.

It's on their clear fins also..their colour came back now but the coloration is still there :/ it's really like spots,-and it seems to be on the skin.. I find it look like coloration, could they be mixed ? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396731670.369468.jpg

Ok, I can see it better now.

It could be lymphocystis. See how they go after a couple days of settling in to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom