Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

New To Cannister Filters

Greetings. Great forum!! I've been dabbleing in FW tanks for a few years. I've had my 46g up and running for the past two years. Lightly planted (a couple Hornworts, a couple Banana plants and a little floating not sure what it is.) I have 5 corries, 5 Harlequin Rasboras, 4 neon tetras, 3 Blackskirts, 3 Red Velvet swords. I always had HOB filters and had pretty good luck with them. During my last water change and impeller inspection I dropped my emperor 400 and cracked it. I'd been hedging toward a change to a cannister filter for a whileso I went to my local lfs and picked up an Eheim ecco 2236. Very easy to set up, dead quiet, and nice clear water. I've already made a short story long but my question is should I add a small HOB for aeration or something else or is the cannister enough by itself?

Old 03-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Good question, I'm curious too 'cause it looks like they dont take up so much space in the tank.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
The cannister should give you all the circulation you need. I point my spray bar up slightly and I get I nice amount of surface movement.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich311k View Post
The cannister should give you all the circulation you need. I point my spray bar up slightly and I get I nice amount of surface movement.
Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear.

Tags
cannister, filter, filters

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com