New to tank nerite onion snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mulch05

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm trying figure out why my new snails aren't keen on the sand. Got them this morning but yet still they don't like the sand so moved them onto the bog wood and they like it more?

That is odd. I can’t think of anything from snails I’ve kept but perhaps the snail experts here will know more.

Some substrates have heavy metals in them. It’s toxic for inverts. Try seeing if it sticks to a magnet.

You added on morning. Let them explore. Maybe after a while they will come to sand too

It's ok. They must of fell of there perch last night and the loaches have a all night snack as they were munched upon and were dead when I got to them this morning unfortunately.

It's ok. They must of fell of there perch last night and the loaches have a all night snack as they were munched upon and were dead when I got to them this morning unfortunately.
Please make sure to search compatibility before adding any aquatic creature.

I was informed by my fish store non of my fish would eat them but clearly the loaches and gouramis took a liking to them. Lesson learned don't trust my pet shop

Any fish will nibble on a deceased tank mate. If the snails had been healthy it may not have been an issue. Local fish shops often do not have the most knowledgeable staff. Confirm what they are saying in the internet or other reliable sources.

Any fish will nibble on a deceased tank mate. If the snails had been healthy it may not have been an issue. Local fish shops often do not have the most knowledgeable staff. Confirm what they are saying in the internet or other reliable sources.
Cheers. I'm just Gunna leave my tank be for a while I think. Possiblity of upgrading my filtration soon near end of month.

Back
Top Bottom