New toy or necessary item for fish room ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the float valve idea too. Still in my planning for more efficient water changing method..

What kind of pump are you using for the clean water, I will have up to 90G but likely doing only 40-50% max pwc? Likely from a round trash can on janitor type round wheel /rolling thing.

The float would work for filling my trash can when filling in the bathroom (hoping to add a connection valve in the utility room soon). Anything which might prevent mistakes!

I like the float valve idea too. Still in my planning for more efficient water changing method..

What kind of pump are you using for the clean water, I will have up to 90G but likely doing only 40-50% max pwc? Likely from a round trash can on janitor type round wheel /rolling thing.

The float would work for filling my trash can when filling in the bathroom (hoping to add a connection valve in the utility room soon). Anything which might prevent mistakes!

This is for water that is from my tap[municipal].I have a mixing station to control temp then it is filtered in a 3 stage set up with 5 and1 micron and then carbon block[same first 3 as my BRS 6 stage ro/di].I am thinking if I get this 'dialed in' I will get a second one for the can filling hose in the first fish room...

Ok I haven't got back to hooking up the float ,but it will be in force this weekend and I will give it thumbs up or down...:whistle:
The thermometer arrived today.The tracking sucked but the product itself seems top shelf. Packaged very nicely and looking like it should be on a show room shelf ,the unit is chrome plated [color?] and was very easy to hook up to my mixing station output.
As advertised it turns on instantly when the water is on an digitally tells me.Looks wise and performance from the start I really like this .(y):dance:
Time will be the big test but with no batteries I am not sure what could go wrong?

Float valve is all hooked up.It works fine but like a toilet filling the valve slows down quite a bit until finally full. A little slower for the last part then is practical but it will keep me from spilling water...
If Tactic Blues is reading ; 3 trips to the hardware store for a simple inlet /outlet.It didn't help that the plunger mechanism leaks or I would have had it right the first time.
Now installed horizontal the plunger is over the tank and the drip is no issue at all.
IMO this is NOT practical for most and even I may not use it in the fill all my tanks application?
Back to the thermometer ,I tested it over the weekend and it is 100% accurate according to my HM3 meter.The thermometer only reads .5 degrees [78/78.5/79] but that is plenty good enough for me..
For those with water change devices I would highly recommend it..

Back
Top Bottom