New wolffish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Urnonsnewman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a red wolffish and he is alone in a 55 gallon tank with a aquarium rock bottom, i have been watching a lot of YouTube videos on them and they all seem to have sand bottoms? Is rocks not good for them? Please if someone has or has one please let me know

Attachments

• image-1100586468.jpg
    image-1100586468.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 141
They need hiding places and dim lighting. also eat anything meaty. substrate doesn't mater. wonderful centerpiece for your tank. (y) they get 2 feet plus btw :eek:

2 feet?every site and the Lfs says 8 to 10" and there are lots of hiding places :)

Bro that thing is badass. I seen one on "River Monsters" the tv show on discovery. Ur gonna have your hands full. Lol. SWEET!!!
Did he eat anything yet?

Bro that thing is badass. I seen one on "River Monsters" the tv show on discovery. Ur gonna have your hands full. Lol. SWEET!!!
Did he eat anything yet?

Completely different breed from the wolffish on River Monsters lol. Very cool fish none the less :)

Really? Not even a subspecies? I think so. It sure looks like it but as you said very cool nonetheless.
Congrats on ur new fish. I wanna see it eat!!

Really? Not even a subspecies? I think so. It sure looks like it but as you said very cool nonetheless.
Congrats on ur new fish. I wanna see it eat!!

I'm sure its a subspecies :) The one on river monsters was uuuuuuugly, lol

Boy that things gonna have amouthfull o teeth! I could just picture a school of pihrana runnin away from it! Lol

The fish store had been feeding him gold fish( I know I should try other stuff) he said he was eating 3 or 4 a day but he has only ate one since Monday is this cause for concern?

I wouldnt be alarmed just yet. Give him a couple days to settle into his new environment. Also if he's not eating and you have goldfish in the tank with him 24/7 try removing them for a day or so then reintroduce them.
Sometimes this works with other species.

That thing is kickass, what have you named him? We have a largemouth bass at school and he is no where near that size, but he will eat anything that moves. Truly awesome to have predatory fish IMO.
Good luck and you should make some vids of him! :D

Back
Top Bottom