New Yo-yo Loaches! Pix added!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Enki

Aquarium Advice Freak
As I was doing my weekly water change today, decided I really need some scavengers. Did some research and thought I might try loaches. I figured I would get clown loaches, which are cool fish, but they get bigger than I really want to deal with. I was hoping for some Yo-yos but was worried about prices on those. I wanted at least 3, but had read prices could be high if they could be found at all.

Lucky me the LFS had some Yo-yos for 3.99. about 1.75", very cute, and a good size to fit in with my fairly young tank.

Did about a 5 hour drip-line acclimation before letting them loose. I know, I know, no QT yet :(

They seem active and happy so far. Wish me luck! Pix soon!

I think you're smart to stay away from clown loaches because of their eventual size. Enjoy the yo-yos! I just love loaches.

I love these guys too! They are hilarious. My ngaras are sort of 'proper', they generally proceed around the tank in a majestic manner. The loaches jump out from between rocks and plants and surprise the ngaras all the time, and have no respect for all the social hierarchy the cichlids have established. I can almost hear them grumbling about the 'uncouth' loaches.

The littlest ngaras have taken to following the loaches around as all the digging stirs up tasty morsels. They have added a nice new element to the tank and cleaned the place up A LOT in just a day or two.

Cute! I don't think I've ever seen Yo-yo loaches in my LFS. So I got Skunk Loaches instead. Take some pics soon!!!

hi there,
we finally found a new yoyo for our lonely larry last weekend & after a few minor scuffles they are spending more & more time together. brilliant gorgeous funny little characters!!!! enjoy

TankGirl, when mine get around to making some babies you will be welcome to adopt some. I've never shipped fish, but I bet I can figure it out :D

These guys like the camera. I got some pretty good ones the first try.

YoYo1.JPG

YoYo2.JPG

YoYo3.JPG

YoYo4.JPG

Thanks for the kind words!

I have a Olympus d520 zoom. It is about 1 year old and I have probably taken over 5k pictures since I have had it. I just wish it had a manual mode and better low light sensitivity.

Back
Top Bottom