new zebra getting picked on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank_the_Tank

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at petsmart helping a friend pick out some supplies for a 5 gallon guppy tank they want to do, and I picked up another zebra while I was there. It's smaller than the other 2 that were in there, and has spent most of its time hiding around the tank in different spots. Whenever he is out in the tank, one of the fish will usually chase him around for a few seconds until either he hides again or the other fish loses interest. There hasn't been any damage done, and there's looots of hiding spots, and he doesn't appear to be too troubled. I've been making sure he eats, and the other fish seem too interested in the food to care so that's not a problem. As long as it stays like this until it gets bigger, should there be any problem?

No problem. The new fish will eventually fit in. New addittions often get a lot of attention for a while. You can always add another, then there will be two new guys to share the attention.

I just went and bought another 2 zebras. I was planning on a dwarf gourami for a centerpiece fish, but I like the zebras so I think I'm gonna have more of them instead.

Back
Top Bottom