Newbie in Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just saying hi to a fellow Michigan person. I'm in Lansing so not close to you at all. Hope your tank adventure goes well!

There's a few of us on here, the short list is everyone in this thread excluding brookster he's from Mass., but we don't hold it against him. Oh and there's freakgecko too, but he relocated to MD, but he still counts lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I actually go to the store in Lansing to get fish sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi. Im in Ann Arbor. My wife's family is in macomb county.

The PH in my tank is even higher than yours. I have city well water. My lfs uses their own RO water so their PH is really low. When I buy their fish I slowly had some of my tank water to the bag so the fish get accustomed to my higher PH. I add 1/4 cup water at a time and I do this about 3-4 times over about 1/2 hour before I put the fish in my tank. I haven't had any problems.

I do the same Katie. So far I haven't had any issues but know that by keeping it down I will have more success with the plants I intend to put in the tank.

Hi t4runnr. Nice to make your acquaintance. Just getting started and trying to learn and understand all this but like a McDonalds commercial "I'm Loving It"......lol

Hey Dale. Another member from Ann Arbor here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi jfclk33. Nice to meet Ya. Glad to know I'll have a lot of expert advice around here.
How long Ya been an aquarists?
I'm pretty much a beginner but loving it.
My learning capabilities are a little slower than most though being as I'm just starting this hobby and already 48 years old but I'll give ER my best for sure.

I'm fairly new myself. I've had aquariums for about two years now.

I got started about 3 years ago, when I lived in Florida and had a neighbor that had tanks her whole life, so I learned a lot from her. I took a little time off when I moved here and got started again about a year ago.

I didn't start in this hobby until I was 43, but I'm really enjoying it. I'm actually getting ready to start my first saltwater tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would love to have a saltwater but it scares me till I learn a lot more about freshwater. I figured doing a planted tank would suffice for a while.
Good luck with it and start a thread I can follow when Ya start it up.

Back
Top Bottom