Newbie looking for some back up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stickwood1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
I have recently inherited a new (from a friend) tank, Clear Seal, 24" x 12" tank.

It was pretty manky when I got it, had snails and sand and algae and all sorts of gunk in it.

I spent a long time cleaning it and am pretty much ready to transfer my two little babies, Frank and Wilma into their new home.

(Freshwater)

Before I do this, is there anything I should be aware of or look out for? 8O

The tank looks to be well sealed but how long do they last for, I don't really want to take the risk of coming home and having a pool in my lounge.

Also, is it best to leave the two fish as two fish, don't want to upset them by making them share their new home with newbies.

Also I am feeding them on a tiny pinch of flakes a day and change their water (25% - 1/3) each week to two weeks?

And use a little drip of fin protector or whatever it is in each change as the bottle says.

Do any of you have any futher advice or lookouts for me to get me off to a good start?

Many thanks

First, welcome to AA!

What kind of fish do you have? Make sure your new tank is cycled before you transfer the fish. Without knowing the type of fish, your feeding/water change schedule appears fine so far.

If you are concerned about leakage, you may want to fill the tank outside and let it sit for some time to see if it leaks. I've let mine sit for 24 hours before.

Welcome! Fishyrican has some good advice, but we can'e help further until we know what fish you have :D

Welcome!!! It would also help if you told us what you have your fish in now. If you have a running filter it will make the cycle much easier.

Back
Top Bottom