Newbie Question About Seachem Prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCXGT

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so the Prime bottle says 'use a capful (5ml) per 200l (50G) of new water.'

I have a 60G tank.
I replace 20G in a water change.

Does this mean I only use 2ml of Prime?
Or do I dose the full tank with 6ml?

I know it's a stupid question but I'd like to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay, so the Prime bottle says 'use a capful (5ml) per 200l (50G) of new water.'

I have a 60G tank.
I replace 20G in a water change.

Does this mean I only use 2ml of Prime?
Or do I dose the full tank with 6ml?

I know it's a stupid question but I'd like to know.

If you're adding the water directly to your tank from your faucet, dose for the full 60g.
If you're putting the water in a bucket first, just dose the size of the bucket.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Prime

I use 1 ML per 5 gal. bucket This is double the recommend dose but the chlorine in my water is never the same the extra prime does not hurt the fish and helps rid the tank of any ammonia
I like to do it outside of the tank so the water and prime are throughly mix and the chemical reaction is done before the water is put in the tank.

I use 1 ML per 5 gal. bucket This is double the recommend dose but the chlorine in my water is never the same the extra prime does not hurt the fish and helps rid the tank of any ammonia

I like to do it outside of the tank so the water and prime are throughly mix and the chemical reaction is done before the water is put in the tank.

Yeah I do too..
Turns out I've been using WAY too much conditioner...
Good job I never paid for it..

Back
Top Bottom