Newby looking for advice,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bruins should be right about the nutrient deficiency. all you have to do now is to give them liquid ferts like the Seachem Flourish Comprehensive twice a week and it should bounce back easy.

Although I was thinking about the lighting. How many watts are they? Are they strip light? Flourescent? Incandescent? What is the color temp (K) of the light?

There are 2 strip light

One is a sun glow 40w, the other an aqua glow 40w

One is yellow in colour, other is nourish tinit

Could possibly be a Red Wendtii
Mine is doing well under 24w 6700 Compact Fluorescent. I put a root tab underneath in the area so other plants can benefit too and dose the water column which is probably not necessary for this plant.

Tank is 20 inches tall

Yello light is a t8, bluish light is t8 as well

Since it is somewhat yellow, I am not sure if it is fluorescent or incandescent. If incandescent, it is not good for plants. The bluish light probably is actinic and is not good for plants either. It will not be beneficial to plants at all. They are good for looks but not for the plant growth.

Do you know how much the color temperature is? It is the K rating in the bulb. Plants needs at least 6500K up to 10000K. In between those ratings are good for plants.

By looking at your plants, I would say it is the lighting that is the reason why it does not look healthy. Root tabs are good if you have the sword plants coz they are really heavy root feeders. They don't feed fertilizers through their leaves. Crypt sometimes can be root feeders too but not as bad as the swords. They can benefit from the liquid ferts.

I attached here a chart of how you can categorize your plants with your kind of lighting. I hope it helps. It helped me when I asked for some advice with lighting from one of the experts here.

Attachments

• LightIntensitChart.jpg
    LightIntensitChart.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom