Newly stocked 35gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyGabioud

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 20 inhabitants which I know may be a lot. I have 5 kuhli loAches, 6 danios, a betta, 4 platys and 4 verstius. How often should I do a pwc and am I at or over my limit of fish ? All the fish are small FYI

all in 35 gallons? hmm... i would be concerned about the betta and its aggresivness. the danios require colder water ranging from 65 to 75, the loaches are 75 to 85, bettas can live in room temperature water, and platys can do 65 to 78 degree water. and idk what you mean by verstius. you have to remember that fish will grow. IMHO, i would take or rehome the betta, as i am concerned about it being too agressive. thats my only concern. and the fact that kuhli loaches require lower ph than platys do.

Bettas aren't always aggressive. Esp in such a large tank. Watch out that no on nips his fins. Bettas prefer 78-80f water, but they are adaptable.

I have no idea what a Vertius is ???
Do you have sand for your Kuhliis to hide in ?

i was thinking that a vertius was a plant.lol it sounds like one. i would give the betta a shot, ina a larger tank, it usually goes smoother.i had my betta in 88 degree water, so its doable. and what Coursair said, youre gonna need sand for loaches.

hmm, ill have to look them up real quick. but its good you got sand for the kuhlis, this just might work out for you, ould we see a photo??

Back
Top Bottom