Nice school of cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevedocs

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looking at getting a school of cories for my 23 gallon planted tank, sand substrate bog wood, cardinal tetras, harlequin rasboras, and a friendly betta. Fully cycled and all readings 0. What are my best options or people personal preferences?

Thanks

Steven

I do like pandas, are they easy to keep. Saw some today they were expensive I thought £9 each?

Pandas are one of the more delicate species. As long as your tank is matured and nitrates are low they would do ok. They also like the temperature in the lower tropical level, 68°- 76°F ideally.

I have Julii, Paleatus, and Panda Cories. The Pandas are the most playful.

Think my tank may be too new for the pandas but no nitrates as its well planted. Haven't much choice by me at the moment, I've seen peppered, bronze and venuswalian

i have 4 emerald cories and they are by far my favorite. they always huddle up together under the opening of a broken pot decoration and the swim in a v like formation all the time. they aren't the most beautiful or unique, but they catch your eye when their scales hit the light.

i have 4 emerald cories and they are by far my favorite. they always huddle up together under the opening of a broken pot decoration and the swim in a v like formation all the time. they aren't the most beautiful or unique, but they catch your eye when their scales hit the light.
I have emerald cories also and I think they're precious! I love the green shimmer and they're very playful.

I like my False Julii Cories. Haven't enjoyed my C. Hasbrosus so much :/ Make sure they aren't wild caught. I came home with 11 and have 3 left.

Thanks for the input, I'll have a look to see what's around, would pandas and a betta be ok?

image-169780832.jpg

He doesn't seem to bothered, rasboras were teasing him the other night but think he made friends

My betta did great with Cory catfish. They would share the same shrimp pellet w/o my betta nipping them or being possessive of the food.

My corys eat everything that makes it to the bottom. I add algae wafers and sinking pellets a few times a week to make sure they get a good meal. I have a few each false julii, peppered, albino, and emerald, the albino is most active followed by emerald and peppered. I thought my julliis were gone actually for a long time then they showed back up. They can be amazing at hiding but they are honestly my favorite fish.

Back
Top Bottom