Night and day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keao_m

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it possible to confuse fish into thinking day is actually night and night is actually day?
This is why I ask, we have a 25 gal. in our master bedroom and my wife likes to leave the light on through the night. When we wake up the lights go off but our room stays dark through out the day.
I have no live plants in it.

As long as they get around 8-12 hrs light at the same time everyday "or night" that would be their daytime. The enclosed environment we provide for our fish friends is what we make it. They'll adapt to whatever light intervals we provide. Just try to be consistent.

Cichlid Kid said:
As long as they get around 8-12 hrs light at the same time everyday "or night" that would be their daytime. The enclosed environment we provide for our fish friends is what we make it. They'll adapt to whatever light intervals we provide. Just try to be consistent.

Thanks! I would say we are pretty consistent and the fish don't seem to mind. I like watching them while I fall asleep.

Me too. Two of my bedroom tanks lites are on at night and off during the day. It doesn't interrupt my cories or gbr's spawning!

Back
Top Bottom