Night Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukerdan

Aquarium Advice Activist
the goby is called a night goby, thats what the guy at the LFS said, anyone have any information on this fish, he is very odd, he climbs with his fins, and sneaks around, and perches atop my plants

night goby aka dancing goby if i am not mistaken. Prefers a slight brackish water but a small amount of aquarium salt in your tank will satisfy him. A friends aquarium has kept one with a pH of 7.4 - 7.6 and generally harder water. He is a VERY hungry fish that really enjoys a lot of foods but mostly frozen/fresh food (although flake food, sink pellets and shrimp pellets will be greatly accepted)

HTH

Hmmmmm, sounds more like a mudskipper to me. Knight gobies don't leave the water. Both are BW fish.

knight gobies are brackish fish and will only thrive in brackish water. I have one in 1.005 and he does just fine. Sand substrate is preferred by them as they will dig around decorations/caves and such to create a "lair". I feed mine sinking meat pellets, flakes and mostly baby guppies (he is in the guppy tank for population control).

I have a night goby with a figure-eight and she likes to hide all day and only come out to eat. She likes to hide because she is by herself and I want to get another one. They are very voracious eaters and will eat almost anything. Mine seems to like frozen food more than freeze-dried because it has a much stronger scent to it.

turned out to be a marbled goby, and i never said he climbs out of the water, lol

Back
Top Bottom