Nitrate/nutri zorb problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylittlemollies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,
I was having difficulties getting my nitrate levels under control in my main tank (34 litre aqua one) so I went and got some nitra zorb. I was told to place the pouch in the filtration system which I have done. Since putting it in my tank had gone cloudy, almost brown cloudy and it doesn't look like it's clearing. Where am I going wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

you would be better off with chempure or purgen , the zeo only lasts a shore time and takes time to work
you also need to wash it out good before using it or it will cloud up the water
the same as carbon

Ok, so should I take it out and let the tank clear?

This is how cloudy it looks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410848500.539273.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410848500.539273.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 89
no leave it in the tank it will clear in a day or so , how many fish do you have that is a very small tank , I do 30% water changes weekly after the tank is cycles and an extra a few days after adding any new fish
what kind of filter do you have

best thing you can do is get a bigger tank as sson as you can these tiny tanks only work for very experiences people , with the best filters they can get
I would try to get a 20 gal long or bigger , it will be cheaper in the long run with the saving in fish
thoses fry in the picture will have there own fry in a month or 2 , and you tank is just about over crowded now

I have 6 balloon mollies in the tank. The fry were born last night and I have a juvenile tank they will go into. What is a 30 gallon tank in litres?

About 108 litres by my maths is 30 gallons

Sent from my AT10-A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi guys,
I was having difficulties getting my nitrate levels under control in my main tank (34 litre aqua one) so I went and got some nitra zorb. I was told to place the pouch in the filtration system which I have done. Since putting it in my tank had gone cloudy, almost brown cloudy and it doesn't look like it's clearing. Where am I going wrong?

I've tried API nitra zorb and didn't get any colour change. The pouch was a fairly fine, almost cloth material. Just checking but the pouch didn't get a rip or filter debris get stirred up or anything?

Hi Delapool, there doesn't appear to be any holes or tears in the pouch. I'm really hoping the tank clears up over night otherwise I'm going to take it out I think.

Hi Delapool, there doesn't appear to be any holes or tears in the pouch. I'm really hoping the tank clears up over night otherwise I'm going to take it out I think. Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Wondering if you were supposed to rinse it before using? Anyway, if you want to lower nitrates just do more water changes, better over all for tank and fish and perhaps don't feed as much?
What nitrate readings are you getting?

Wondering if you were supposed to rinse it before using? Anyway, if you want to lower nitrates just do more water changes, better over all for tank and fish and perhaps don't feed as much?
What nitrate readings are you getting?

Just looked. It does have rinse before use. I think I ran it under the tap for half a minute and then popped it in a 5gal QT under the filter outflow.

no it is not , most fish need at least that much space to live in
the smallest size should be around 80 lt
the more water the slower water quality changes , so you can do weekly water changes instead of every few days , temperatures change slower so less shock to fish if it is hot out or you lose power in the winter
my 45 gal bow front (~180 lt)is only 1 meter long
also with a larger tank you can have more or larger fish

Back
Top Bottom