Nitrate question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chronos313 said:
ya i shook all 3 bottles and banged em on my knee, few weeks back i had a huge ammonia spike, did a 75% pwc and then another the next morning, fixed it right up. im thinking my kid did something cuz she loves "HER" fishies as she tells me daily.

3 bottles?

What test are you using?

Its the nutrafin nitrate liquid test made by Hagen. I find their products really reliable and have had no problems. I woulda got the master kit but the wife can't justify spending 60 bucks on a test kit lol.

Chronos313 said:
Its the nutrafin nitrate liquid test made by Hagen. I find their products really reliable and have had no problems. I woulda got the master kit but the wife can't justify spending 60 bucks on a test kit lol.

$60 :O

I got mine for £22 which is around $34 max lol.

Ya 60 bucks, Canada is evil on certain things. **** a big bottle of prime is 27.99

I wish I had access to cheap stuff, sometimes I find deals online but its rare.

Yeah, I had real low Nitrates too until I REALLY shook that second bottle. Test tube color went to bright red! Still trying to get them down. With plants and 30% pwc's & vacuuming the gravel (a week) aren't working fast enough (on 150 gal). Feeding is way down now. Am now doing 50% pwc's a week.

Ardynas said:
Yeah, I had real low Nitrates too until I REALLY shook that second bottle. Test tube color went to bright red! Still trying to get them down. With plants and 30% pwc's & vacuuming the gravel (a week) aren't working fast enough (on 150 gal). Feeding is way down now. Am now doing 50% pwc's a week.

Try doing changes daily, that should rectify any issues

Back
Top Bottom