No Ammo???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Esoteric Backbone

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought an API FW Master Test Kit! Finally! I'm so glad! I tested for Ammonia on four aquariums, and it came up clear? What does this mean?

GrimmGoby said:
I just bought an API FW Master Test Kit! Finally! I'm so glad! I tested for Ammonia on four aquariums, and it came up clear? What does this mean?

Did you shake and let it sit for 5 minutes? Did you add 8 drops of each solution?

Homedog98 said:
Did you shake and let it sit for 5 minutes? Did you add 8 drops of each solution?

I didn't shake it, but I did tip it over a few times. And yes I let it sit, and yes I used 8 drops

GrimmGoby said:
I didn't shake it, but I did tip it over a few times. And yes I let it sit, and yes I used 8 drops

Sand you filled it up to the 5 mL line?

Sounds like maybe a faulty kit. I'm not sure though... So more interrogation! Lol. How long have the tank(s) been set up? Were they cycled?

I've heard of API kits containing two #1 or #2 bottles instead of one of each. Sounds like what happened here.

ammonia bottle 1 8 drops
ammonia bottle 2 8 drops
cap shake waight 5

Ok, this time it worked (I feel like an idiot), and it reads 0 ppm. Sorry for the mix up everyone. Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom