No ammonia reading during cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schmidt1216

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello pls help me i don't know whats going on i recently got a tank and i got 6 neon tetras I've tested my water multiple times and I'm not getting a ammonia nitrite or nitrate ready please help feed multiple times had for dayszzzzzz.

130l good filtration very well planted

Hi, what sort of test kit are you using and is it still in date I assume? You may be able to also take a water sample to a fish shop where they could test to check?

If well planted and fish are small in the 130litre (I think it was), plants might be consuming all the ammonia.

Having a 'very well planted' tank is great for stability once the tank is cycled and stocked. It's even quite good if doing a fish less cycle as the extra added ammonia gives the plants a boost but the plants could be working against you with such a large tank and small amount of fish. The tank will cycle but more slowly. If the ammonia doesn't appear at all then I would be tempted to add a couple of fish at a time until you force the ammonia up (a little) so that the filters can start to establish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom