No CO2 Planted Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silentguy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, this is one of my first tanks. I planted some dwarf hair grass in my 10 gallon tank and I use excel but, no actual CO2 gas. Will it carpet IMG_1464.jpgat all or, even survive?

First off clumps too big. You can get alot more mileage out of what you have by thinning it out. Second co2 is a must.

Also I noticed bamboo isn't supposed to be fully submerged from what I was told

I can tell you from experience from the last two weeks, you definitely want to thin out the dwarf hair grass.

In regards to CO2, I will be able to tell you in about 2 weeks if it makes huge difference or not. I will be going from a planted aquarium with no CO2 that was running for 3 years, to a tank with CO2.

Everyone on here though will tell you to definitely use CO2.

Yeah i was looking at it and was like hmmmm bamboo fully submerged lol

May be ok. Its grown more emersed vs submerged. Considered a transtional zone plant. It except it to last a little bit then deteriorate.

The odds of that dhg even surviving are slim at best. Throw some roots tabs in there separate it into individual pieces, yes it will take a very long time. Dose some fertilizers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

OH oh... just came by this thread and saw that you're not supposed to submerge bamboo. Whoops. Why not? I've had mine submerged for about 4 months. What's going to happen? Seriously, should I take it out?

Therefor with bamboo you don't use lids unless your tank is like half full of water because the leaves stick out the top

Back
Top Bottom