no food for a week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan

Aquarium Advice Freak
would my yellow labs and aulonocara blue neons and tetras be alright without food for a week? i think they would be from what ive heard fish can go without food for a long time

it's quite alright if u dont feed them for just a week. ..a blue electric at my school survived for about a month without any food supply, i dont know why though he wasn't fed for that long time, but he's as healthy as before, the only thing that's strange's on his tummy...it got very thin n got pushed inside, just as if there's nothing filling it up.. .

i'd not siggedt u doing thet though. ..but if it's really2 urgent and ur abit desperate.. .then i think it's okay

I've let my fish go without food for as many as three days with no issues. A week is a long time, though. If I were going away for a week, I would invest in a battery operated automatic feeder. Better yet, I would try to get someone to look in on the fish once and give them some pre-measured food that I left.

I've gone on vacation for 5-6 days before and I have tetras, cories, malawi cichlids, and other community fish in my various tanks....they were all fine. I made sure to do a big water change before leaving and feeding the day I left, as well as the day I came back, so instead of the 7 or so days I was gone, they only went about 5 without food.

My fish are used to eating every other day though anyways, but I still believe the fish would be fine for a week.

I've heard that most fish can go without food for two weeks.

One week shouldn't be a problem.

I've done blackouts longer than a week. Your fish will be fine. In fact, its better to not feed them than it is to get an unexperienced "helper" to feed them. Your helper will likely overfeed.

yes fishes can survive without food even for a week as in nature they might have difficulties in looking for food too. Well u might attach automatic feeder onto ur aquarium which help u too feed ur fishes when you are not around.

Those usually disentegrate well before you come back....usually lasting a day or 2. They also pollute the water. I don't suggest using those.

those vacation blocks are horrible to use, like everyone else said, your better off not feeding, i went to florida last year, left my tank for over 1 week no food, when i came back then tank was looking great... even clearer than before and i always have clear water..

Back
Top Bottom