No idea what to do now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
im in a pickle. i have a cory cat problem, and have no idea what my fish plan is after i get my cory problem sorted out. anyhoo, heres what ive been toying with.

2 platys (sunset fire)
3 otos
4 corys
1 honey dwarf gourami
6 harlequin rasboras

thats it. however, i have been playing with the idea of adding a school of bloodfin tetras to the plan, but i worry it may be overstocking... any ideas?

AqAdvisor IMO should be used as a rough ballpark estimate to get an idea of what you can do, not something you should go as a guideline.

You could get a DG, but don't you already have one in your tank?

bruinsbro1997 said:
AqAdvisor IMO should be used as a rough ballpark estimate to get an idea of what you can do, not something you should go as a guideline.

Agreed. AqAdvisor doesn't always take into account all the factors. Like the effect of plants. So it can give a ballpark but I wouldn't use it as a end all. Just my opinion. Great tool none the less. Honestly I think your stocking is fine really.

Agree that it is a ball park, but I love it none the less. It's fun to mix and match. And has also come up with a few facts that I was unaware of. I was able to double check these facts and find that the site is fairly reliable.

I understand that, but i thought it was pretty interesting and pretty useful. no, i do not have a DG yet, but i saw some spectacular looking honeys at petco. i am not planning on getting any more fish until i get my aquascaping finished. im trying to get plants for low lighting so my otos can hide.

oh, ne other thing. i originally had 4 panda corys in my school. now, since 2 died, im afraid the 2 new ones im planning on getting wont school with my old ones. any advice?

Corys love each other. The new ones will definitely school with the old ones. I think the best thing to watch is when I add a new cory to the tank. He goes to the bottom, hides, and then he realizes that there are more corys down there! Then, they all go crazy swimming together and having fun.

can anyone tell me how many bloodfin tetras to a school? people say 4, 5, and 6. i know harlequins should be in groups of 6 or more.

Back
Top Bottom