Nocternal Gourami??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfriend09

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently bought a female golden gourami about 3 weeks ago as a friend for my male gold who is a fairly large size, so i decided to get a female which was roughly the same. however this didn't stop the male from being quite boistrous with her and now it seems that she spends all day behind a bit of aquarium wood in the tank. The past 2 nights though i have noticed that when the room is pitch dark she will come out and swim about as any fish would during the day. Has anybody else seen anything like this at all? Any views will be greatfully recieved on this :)

how big of tank? my guess is the other fish causing it to hide once at night its able to be a little more free under the cover of darkness.

The tank is a 155litre and there is plenty of open swimming space, i think it may just be that the male gourami was just a little bit hyped up seeing a female of his colour and it was too much for her, my water temp used to sit at 26degrees but i read that lower it could calm him so i put it down to 24 and he does seem slightly better, maybe she just needs to get her confidence back.

The femail is frightened by the male as the territory's owner. She'll feel better soon )
As for temperature it is reasonable.

i have just this minute seen something strange which ive never seen before, even though she is afraid to swim in the open with the male, she seems to have turned territorial towards him coming to her corner, though will let any other fish come swimming by.
Or maybe its not territorial, can anyone shed any light on this, any gourami experts there?

Back
Top Bottom