Normal Behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I use Jack's Tap Water Conditioner. Add in the appropriate amount prior to adding new water.

Well, they were giving me replacements per store policy for the fish when I brought them back (others of same type), but when I brought back in the second batch, they offered me store credit. The last ones I added were the 3 replacement red tails on Saturday afternoon. Other than that, no.

I would wait to see if anything else keeps passing away(hopefully not). That way we can see what the tank is set up.

Yeah, that is the plan. So far it has only been the moons, the tetras and cory's are fine and they have been in there awhile. Going to see how the 4 remaining moons do now (some are hanging at the top again) and go from there. If they don't make it, not sure what to try next though.

Don't worry about it too much. I still think you just got some bad stock. If your tank had some other issue, then your cories would be having issues too and not just the new fish.

Trabba said:
Well, to update, all of the red tails died as well. Still have 1 neon from original batch..
when did the other neons die?

All 6 moons were added 2/19

First 2 neons died on 2/23, they gave me 2 more.
All 3 redtails died on 2/25 and they replaced them.
On 2/26, 2 neons were dead again. I was able to get store credit for these.

So currently, there is 1 neon and 3 redtails as of this morning. All are still hanging around the top.

Water testing still give me 0 ammonia and nitrite and 15-20 nitrates.

I see, I thought the neons were in the tank for a while.

Just to update, testing still reads the same but they all still hang around the top for the most part. They are all still alive so hopefully the worst has past at this point. It is just so strange to me that they spend so much time at the top. Oh well, every fish is different.

Although I don't have an oxygen test kit, I would assume it is. I have an air pump running a large bubble wand and one of those ornament things (a clam that releases pretty big bubbles). Also, the filter creates good displacement on the surface as well. The cory's and serpae's rarely "come up for air" either.

I have noticed in the last couple days that the neon and one of the red tails seem to be swimming around the middle to bottom more, but the other red tails still stay close to the top pretty much exclusively.

I am thinking about adding another type of fish this weekend to see what happens and what their behavior is.

Back
Top Bottom