normal platy shape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

water12

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed about a month ago that my platy's stomach seemes to be stretching, but not like it would swell if it was pregnant. It does have white, stringy waste but other then its stomach shape ans the waste it acts completely normal. It's the only platy in the tank (15 high) for the past 2 months and is currently with 6 neons and 3 corys. Everyone else seems to be perfectly healthy, I just Wang to know I'd this is a possible internal parasite. Ph is 7.4, ammonia is .25, nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 20. I do 2 weekly water changes. I would like any advice I'd this seems to be normal or not, please disregard my numbers of the current stock, om upgrading to a 45 gallon in a couple weeks.

ForumRunner_20120719_183213.jpg

ForumRunner_20120719_183154.jpg

ForumRunner_20120719_183106.jpg

I would possibly think it could be pregnant but its not even rounded when looking head on...so confused

I tried peas before when she seemed to have the "shimmies" and that helped so I guess she was constipated. That was a couple weeks ago. I could continue that again to see if that helps any. Should I only feed it to them once and fast them for a couple days?

Alrighty I didn't think so, 2 females I've had in the past didn't look like that when they had fry. So would the pea method be the best thing to combat this? If so, how long should I keep it up?

Back
Top Bottom