Not again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my male platy is the biggest bully ever, he bullied the female to complete stress, and that's why as soon as I got my new 40 gallon I moved the male into it so the female wouldn't have to deal with it. Well now my 40 gallon is cycled, and about 10 minutes ago I moved a platy FRY (about 7 months old) to the 40 and its OWN FATHER is trying to mate with its own fry! The fry is getting really stressed out already. Is there some kind of way to train the bully to not bully the fry? I tried confinement, and a few other things and it doesn't work!

So my male platy is the biggest bully ever, he bullied the female to complete stress, and that's why as soon as I got my new 40 gallon I moved the male into it so the female wouldn't have to deal with it. Well now my 40 gallon is cycled, and about 10 minutes ago I moved a platy FRY (about 7 months old) to the 40 and its OWN FATHER is trying to mate with its own fry! The fry is getting really stressed out already. Is there some kind of way to train the bully to not bully the fry? I tried confinement, and a few other things and it doesn't work!

This is very common. I have platy fry as well two
Females and one male. Both my females are pregnant. Take one guess of how it happened. Fish don't know the difference of if one is it's dad
or mom. All they know is it's a male/female.

Thanks man. The bullying is decreasing and I think the male finally realizes that the fry is a bit too young for his scandalous level ^_^

Back
Top Bottom