Not Another Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know, I got another tank, well this was too good to give up! Read why: While visiting my grandparents in Indiana I went to a flea market and picked up, yes I know the dreaded sized tank, 2.5 Gallon! :eek:AHHH:eek:!!! Well I have it and it came with everything for $5! I'm thinking RCS and planted... CO2 or not... Definatly getting a nice bulb for this for it. I don't think that any fish could go in there, correct me if I'm wrong(and please do because I haven't read anything about there being fish and would be very excited to put some in!), and so I though RCS, I already have some ghost but what are some others, and what are some good plants? Thanks!:thanks:

Oh, I'll also be wanting to add a snail in there too if that makes a difference:)

I would suggest some java moss. 2.5 is very limited in terms of fish, hard to think of one.

I don't think you have to get that powerful lights on that small of a tank for different plant species. Bc its so shallow and more light reaches them.

Oh and there's lots of shrimp!!!!!
Mandarin shrimp, tiger shrimp, crystal red, blue pearl, blue tiger, bumblebee. I love shrimps, I've been wanting a shrimp tank myself.probably a 5 gallon. Make sure the lid covers it bc they can jump!
And amanos are some good shrimp also

Oh and there's lots of shrimp!!!!!
Mandarin shrimp, tiger shrimp, crystal red, blue pearl, blue tiger, bumblebee. I love shrimps, I've been wanting a shrimp tank myself.probably a 5 gallon. Make sure the lid covers it bc they can jump!
And amanos are some good shrimp also

I would do shrimp , also! They're really cool and can live in a 2.5 gallon tank.

:bb:

I know, I got another tank, well this was too good to give up! Read why: While visiting my grandparents in Indiana I went to a flea market and picked up, yes I know the dreaded sized tank, 2.5 Gallon! :eek:AHHH:eek:!!! Well I have it and it came with everything for $5! I'm thinking RCS and planted... CO2 or not... Definatly getting a nice bulb for this for it. I don't think that any fish could go in there, correct me if I'm wrong(and please do because I haven't read anything about there being fish and would be very excited to put some in!), and so I though RCS, I already have some ghost but what are some others, and what are some good plants? Thanks!:thanks:
Awesome! I just started a 2.5 gallon rcs tank wen a friend gave me her old tank. I am also getting a nerite snail for the tank. I have guppy grass and a coconut plant in mine. The shrimp espcially love the guppy grass. I just got a bulb from WalMart and it works fine. Like was stated, its not that big of a deal in a tank that small.

Cool! This is going to be awesome! Can't wait to set it up! So how many of those wonderful shrimp would be good in there?

Check online on sites like aquabid for the more "rare" shrimps I mentioned that aren't common in fish stores. Another you can look up are snowballs

Okay I'll do that! There's also a oretty big aquarium store about 30 mins from where I live and they usually have some of the more rare fish... But I'll look on aquabid soon:)

Okay so I've looked around and have done some research. I've narrowed it down to these shrimp, now which ones and how many?
Mandarin shrimp
RCS
Yellow shrimp
Tiger shrimp
Blue pearl shrimp
Green shrimp
(I LOVE the bee shrimp but it says that they're difficult, is that true?)

I've also got some plants that I'll be getting as well:
Marimo Ball (love them:D)
Guppy grass
Java moss

Does that sound good?

Bee shrimp are Crystal red Shrimp so their care would be similar. i am getting yellow shrimp but thats just me. I think you could start with ten and let them breed and have a nice colony. Even buy two separate purchases of five and have a nice breeding line, but that is definately not necessary.

RCS, yellow, blue pearl, and green shrimp are essentially the same with different colors so their care would be the same. Same with thier habits. I want to stick with them since they are so adaptable.

Go to www.theshrimpfarm.com for more basic information.

User said:
Bee shrimp are Crystal red Shrimp so their care would be similar. i am getting yellow shrimp but thats just me. I think you could start with ten and let them breed and have a nice colony. Even buy two separate purchases of five and have a nice breeding line, but that is definately not necessary.

RCS, yellow, blue pearl, and green shrimp are essentially the same with different colors so their care would be the same. Same with thier habits. I want to stick with them since they are so adaptable.

Go to www.theshrimpfarm.com for more basic information.

Yeah that's kinda why I liked those ones because they're easier... I will some day get those bees! But for now (to make my sister happy to get her tank) I think we're going to get RCS and yellow shrimp because they're "griffendor" colors;). I think it'll look pretty cool! I'll continue to research, but now onto the building thread(which I will create momentarily)!

Yeah that's kinda why I liked those ones because they're easier... I will some day get those bees! But for now (to make my sister happy to get her tank) I think we're going to get RCS and yellow shrimp because they're "griffendor" colors;). I think it'll look pretty cool! I'll continue to research, but now onto the building thread(which I will create momentarily)!
Harry Potter FTW!

Yeah I know, my sister is a HUGE fan so now I'm going to get red tiger shrimp and yellow shrimp so that they don't interbreed! The tank will hopefully turn out great! (may add in some quitich hoops just for her!)

ilostnemo said:
you can start with 2 of each and let them breed. they will breed quick too. and if they interbreed youll have brown babies.

I was thinking that 3 min of each... And I was going to have that issue with RCS and yellow shrimp that why I'm going with red tigers.

Back
Top Bottom