Not so big

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
He tank I picked up is only 55gal not 115gal. The people I picked it up from had lost their relative and where not sure what to do with it but could think of throwing it away. They wanted someone else to get the enjoyment out of fish to continue on. So I am not sure what to do now.

Do you think it's wrong to make a few extra buck by selling this set up cheap?

Also, I have never heard of the filter it came with, a tetra second nature. Does anyone know Anything about them?

Keep it and set up an all neon tetra planted tank :)

The filter is one from their new line. I have one on my 29 and it does a great job. Very quiet and easy to maintain.

Not sure I have room for third 55gal. But I am keeping a few items. I would love a huge neon tank! That would look awesome with 30 swimming around in it. My husband would love it!

Not to hijack your thread, but before my angelfish tank came down with a parasite, I had 180 neons swarming in it. It was an awesome site.

Butter up the hubby to find space ;)

wow! how big was the tank? i know they are a small and bio light fish, but i would be afraid to overload it. how many do you think i could fit into a 55gal?

It's a 115g.

In a 55, if they are the main bio load producers, (maybe add an albino bristlenose pleco) you could easily get away with 60 or more. That inch per gallon thing is not a good way to judge stocking. If you have a good capacity filter and have a good maintenance schedule, 60 or more would not be unreasonable.

ok, i'll think about it. but i am just starting nursing school so i'm not sure if i can add another tank to the house. I am the only one who "does the fishy stuff" as my husband and son say. They love to watch the fish, but they have no idea what goes into it. That would be a really cool tank though. I wish there was a way to set it up right under the tv without fear of electrocution!

Back
Top Bottom