Not so "common" pleco.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Kid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had this guy for a few months now and i gotta say, of all my fish he's the most comical to watch. He's upsidedown more than my syndontis cats, more inquisitive than my corys or kuhlis and i don't think he has an aggressive bone in his body. Quite the opposite as my rift lake cichlids. He's also one of the few fish I've adopted that's earned a name. "Alfred"
So i was wondering if anyone else has similar experiences with their "common plecos"? Imo their not common at all. They should be the "Clown" of the pleco world!

IMG_20120914_075024.jpg

IMG_20120914_075027.jpg

IMG_20120914_075024.jpg

IMG_20120914_075027.jpg

Look people, it was not posted pertaining to Clown plecos. The common plec that we speak of spent the summer in my pond and will occasionally be confined to the pool in the basement, 55gal. or again the pond. Alfred will winter comfortably inside. I have 2 sailfins that are huge and are accustomed to moving per what the seasons in Pennsylvania allow. I was mearly asking what other hobbyist have experienced with them.

He is very pretty, I don't have a common but I love all sucker fish they happen to be my favorite. I have three otos and they are like the three musketeers never going anywhere without each other.
I think people are soo use to giving advice on here that sometimes they forget how to converse.

Why does he look purple?? But I love watching my little BN pleco chase around my larger common.

May be the pic. All I've got is a Galaxy sm phone. Look at my profile pics also! Pitiful, all my $ goes to my fish. I'm good with that tho;)

Yep my pleco will hang upside down under a piece of drift wood for hours. Ive also watched him push stuff around the tank Realy cool fish.

The pleco l have was inherited so not sure what he is, but we named him Pleco ( l know......not too original LOL) But since we got him, he likes to hang on the back glass directly behind the intake for the HOB filter until its time to eat. He is the reason l have to clean the filter sooooo often. But gotta love him !!!!!

It seems like my plecos like to be in a current. I have a power head aimed at a piece of driftwood and my pleco sits on the driftwood facing toward it.

That's pretty funny!

My Bristlenose Pleco is spastic. (That's how he got the name "spazzo.") He will be really still for like, an hour, and then all of a sudden he moves crazily and kicks up a ton of sand! Every time he moves I at first think some fish got in a fight.

bud29 said:
That's pretty funny!

My Bristlenose Pleco is spastic. (That's how he got the name "spazzo.") He will be really still for like, an hour, and then all of a sudden he moves crazily and kicks up a ton of sand! Every time he moves I at first think some fish got in a fight.

My albino BNP does the exact same thing! he will just be sitting on a rock and then all of a sudden he just starts spazzing out, it almost looks like he trys to attack the rock.

Back
Top Bottom