not sure I like the sand anymore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FishFanatic88 said:
I really like that look! By gravel standards i have quite large natural gravel so i am considering switching to white pool filter sand and then put some black gravel in and have it look like there are veins of black in the white sand...... I love the dice!

Thank you!:D and that sounds awesome! And thanks bout the dice, it wasn't intended to have it in there my baby sis threw it in while i was cleaning and I liked it so I just left it:)

Ok here is my gravel. Rinsed out on the beach towel. First I'm cleaning out my 10g to put some in. Going to remove half the sand and add gravel to it

Lexilove said:
Thank you!:D and that sounds awesome! And thanks bout the dice, it wasn't intended to have it in there my baby sis threw it in while i was cleaning and I liked it so I just left it:)

i think that when i finally get around to switching the gravel for the sand ( i just got a job making mimimum wage and have to pay other bills first lol :) ) i will throw in a couple red dice and maybe even a few poker chips!

Ok here is the betta tank. The idea is that the gravel will sink into the sand and not have as much division, but I do like this too! I just got done so that's why its still cloudy. I'll post another one when it clears!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120721_221927.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120721_221927.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 82
  • ForumRunner_20120721_221955.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120721_221955.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 94
My puffer tank. It has black sand in it and its mixed in with the gravel, but not as noticeable.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120722_020906.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120722_020906.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 104
FishFanatic88 said:
i think that when i finally get around to switching the gravel for the sand ( i just got a job making mimimum wage and have to pay other bills first lol :) ) i will throw in a couple red dice and maybe even a few poker chips!

Sounds nice! :)

And the gravel looks great! :)

FishFanatic88 said:

That's a cute idea!

And finally here is my 30g! I took all the sand out of this one because I absolutely hated it. A before and after :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120728_002839.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120728_002839.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20120728_002909.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120728_002909.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 99
Well, what I feared happened! I bought this tank established and have never seen the ammonia above .5. My massive substrate change has thrown it into a cycle though. Last night I noticed that my mts were all going to the top of the glass. I tested and my ammonia was between .25 and .5. I thought I'd leave it until morning and see what the filter did. This morning the snails were still at the top of the glass and when I tested the ammonia was at 1! Ugh! I did a quick water change..about 25% and put some prime in. Hopefully my filter media will pick up on the bb soon!

Back
Top Bottom