Not sure what I want to do with my stocking list.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have a 28g I'm in the process of stocking. My original stocking list was going to be:

8 neons
1 blue gourami
2 dwarf cichlids
3 nerite snails

I had everything except the cichlids in my tank, but when I came home yesterday, I found my gourami had died. He was left over from my old tank that had gotten really bad and I think being in such poor quality water for a long time may have finally taken it's toll. My other fish are fine and the water tests came back fine as well.

Now though, I may have to rethink my stocking list. I currently only have the 8 neons and 3 nerite snails. I still want to get the two dwarf cichlids, but I'm not sure I want to get another gourami because Rami was my favorite fish and I don't think I'm ready for another one yet. I'm looking for fish that are slightly out of the norm and that you probably wouldn't find in your local chain pet store. What can I get that would get along with my neons and eventually my cichlids?

Yes another school of small schoolers would fit well. Go see what is available in your area. Another option is to double the school of neons.

The gourami and cichlids aren't a great match. I wouldn't purchase a new one now that you've lost yours. I would add something that will school up top more, maybe harlequin rasboras.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking maybe rummynose but I think I'll browse my LFS before I decide. Probably won't happen until next week though. Can I really fit 8 more small fish in a 28g along with the cichlids? If so, I honestly had no idea the gourami took up so much room.

Back
Top Bottom