Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-07-2016, 02:16 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

thanks for the links, im almost positive my tank is fully cycled at this point, nitrates are at 40 ppm and ammonia is holding at 0. i also took a water sample into the local pet shop, they employ a marine biologist in their fish dept. and he has already given me a lot of solid advice. had him test a sample yesterday and he agrees its cycled, advised me to wait another week to put more fish in and im in no hurry to to so as the tank is mostly about the eel at this point. ive decided to do a full diy insert with fine mesh netting to prevent jumping as it seems that is the cause of most aquarium eel deaths. im thinking of starting an eel journal thread where ill post his pic once a week as he has been growing at an amazing rate. oh also ive recently noticed he has an almost chameleon like ability to make his markings go lighter or darker. if searched around and so far all i can find is this is normal behavior, any info on this?

Old 11-07-2016, 08:56 AM   #12
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Plus one on the tight fitting lid. I was thinking eel = escape artist (but forgot to post (sorry!) as swimming pool testing got a bit more complex than I hoped).

Old 11-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to The_Desacrator
Also I had one jump into my filter and get inside the cartridge. Didn't find him till like months later

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
advice, eel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com