Now what? -- ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I had ich in my tank. I added 2 tsp of salt and kept the water at 86* for a week or more and now the ich is all gone. I left the salt in and the temp is up for about 7-8 days after the last spot was gone. Whats the next step? Do a 50% PWC and lower the temp slowly?

Yep. You don't really have that much salt in the tank so I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can remove that with just your regular pwc's.

I would take the temp down a degree or 2 everyday till you get it back down to normal.

Be sure to vac the bottom very well using as little movement as possible because the Ick cysts like to sink to the bottom and rest on the glass or sand/gravel substrate.

There shouldn't be any cysts left in your tank since you have treated it. On rare occasions there are some that lay dormant, however if the treatment didn't kill it all you would experience a reoccurence of ich in a few days, of which I have never personally experienced after treating for it.

Awesome. I am ready to add some more fish thats for sure lol. My khulis look lonely. There is only 2 and I want to add about 5 more.

Back
Top Bottom