Nuking my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
What does this mean? I hear people saying they've done this all of the time!

It means you are so frustrated from fighting a massive algae outbreak or fish disease outbreak that you resort to a remedy that involves the whole tank. aka, enriched plutonium and an explosive triggering device resulting in vaporization of the entire tank and surrounding area. OS.

Hahaha that certainly cannot be the most practical way to remedy a tank, exciting maybe.

Sorry. I couldn't resist that one. Nuking a tank usually is a slang for having to treat the tank with an unnatural method to treat a problem. Such as resorting to a chemical to kill algae or a strong medicine to treat a disease. (I still like the nuclear option though) OS.

"Nuke the site from orbit - it's the only way to be sure."
I've felt that way a couple of times :)

It killing everything in the tank with a biohazard ultra toxic radioactive algae killing unit/products that would kill your skin if you touch it !

That's a thing I would not do if you not have a huge problem, it involve rehome all live stock temporarly into another cycled tank.

It means you are so frustrated from fighting a massive algae outbreak or fish disease outbreak that you resort to a remedy that involves the whole tank. aka, enriched plutonium and an explosive triggering device resulting in vaporization of the entire tank and surrounding area. OS.

Well put, OS :)

Careful guys, the govt will shut us down over here if this thread gets any more radical. No bombs or planes just fish and filters;)

LOL, OS!

Personally haven't heard that term (nuking) used with aquariums....

It's used more often in saltwater aquariums. When some organisms in tanks die they release poisons that can tend to kill EVERYTHING. Anemones and sea slugs are prime examples of this.

Back
Top Bottom