Number of pearl Gouramis in 90 gallon tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mukesh.tupe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I am planning to keep 5 pearl gouramis with 1 swordtail male, 8 zebra danios, 6 platies and 5/6 zebra loaches.
Would like to know, if i should drop or raise gourami count to keep all happy.

Have a good day!!

Hi All,

I am planning to keep 5 pearl gouramis with 1 swordtail male, 8 zebra danios, 6 platies and 5/6 zebra loaches.

Have a good day!!

Unless the platies are all females, I wouldn't just get one male swordtail. They can become aggressive when they are flying solo. Having at least three to four females usually helps. Mine was a jerk just having two females with him but now my swordtail tank is four females to one male and it has improved greatly. As for that many gouramis. I'm not sure. Usually people say one male to so many females but I know female gouramis are harder to find.

Hi All,

Have a good day!!

You could do that just make sure you have a 2 male to 3 female ratio.
Since pearl gouramis are in the small group of gouramis who will live peacefully in groups, so long as they have proper male/female ratio.
A good rule of thumb for keeping groups of pearls is 1 male to 2 females.

Male gourami have red on the throat area and longer fins. Females will not have the red and rounder, shorter fins. But its usually tough to find female gourami at pet stores. You could try 5 of any pearls at your LFS and it may work. Pearl are very docile and 90g is a lot of room. If you get 5 you may have to remove one or two and replace them with others. If your LFS dosent mind you returning them.

Back
Top Bottom