nutrafin cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxima423

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i was at petland discount yesterday and i was asking if they sell pure ammonia without all that nasty stuff in it, what the employee brought me back was Nutrafin Cycle: 4 oz #A7900 - Aquarium Bio Additives , so i am asking you guys if this is better than actually cycling? from what i understand is that, i dont have to do all that testing, i just follow the first three weeks and i am good to add fishes and its harmlesss since its just the beneficial bacteria, but the con is that, i would need to buy a bottle every 3-4 months or so because i would need to use this product for as long as i keep my fishes

It is better just to cycle. That stuff might help but don't waste your money. My Meijer's has pure ammonia that I used. You can get it at hardware stores too I read. If you shake it and it bubbles it is no good. You could also get some shrimp from the grocery store, put them in a mesh bag and put in the tank. IMO nothing is better than cycling.

i think i will try this nutrafin cycle, i have read lots of reviews online ( over 30 i think ) and 2/30 say they had trouble or just completely failed, i will give it a try though and see how it works and give my feedback

I don't think Cycle will hurt anything, but I have little faith in such products. Get ammonia from your local hardware store or grocery store.

The only additive I can say works as advertised was Tetra's Safestart and Bio-spira which each product completed the cycle in one week. There are others but these products I can confirm work.

My cycle seems to have stalled so at day 14 I added cycle. I am at day 18 now and my amonia has not changed but I am registering low levels of nitrates and nitrites. I will contunie to monitor things and post a full review of my experience with cycle after a few more days of observation.

I've used Nutrafin Cycle and Seachem Stability to cycle tanks. I follow the directions but I also use dead feeders or raw shrimp with those products. It dose work well to get the tank cycled like that.

Well IMO to be safe you should just start over again, but I don't actually know or think it would hurt to just put the ammonia in. Maybe someone else can jump in on this one

I wonder if people relate the cycling of their tank with the cycle because of coincidence or because it actually helps? Without actual tests, under lab-like settings, I'd be skeptical. Bio-spira, being the best, doesn't always work because how it is stored (some places don't even refrigerate)

as promised I will post my cycle test results tonight or tomorrow. It is not double blind and I do not have 5 tanks going in a sterile environment, but I do have good data to share.

i think i will try this nutrafin cycle, i have read lots of reviews online ( over 30 i think ) and 2/30 say they had trouble or just completely failed, i will give it a try though and see how it works and give my feedback

It doesn't work in 3 days. Just sayin. The label lies. Give it a week, then put your fish in

edit:unless your rockin goldfish then they can take anything

I know that the no cycle bacteria is not well recieved here but I used it. And it worked. It works. I added water, salt and bioshere. Then added fish I think 3 days later. I might have added fish same day. Bioshere worked for me as advertrised. I have never in over a year of a saltwater reef tank had any nitrites, nitrates or ammonia readings. It works. If your worried just test your water. Just my experience.

I know that the no cycle bacteria is not well recieved here but I used it. And it worked. It works. I added water, salt and bioshere. Then added fish I think 3 days later. I might have added fish same day. Bioshere worked for me as advertrised. I have never in over a year of a saltwater reef tank had any nitrites, nitrates or ammonia readings. It works. If your worried just test your water. Just my experience.

If you've never had any nitrates, I'd be wary of when your tank crashes. That usually means that whatever you put in absorbed/changed the ammonia, so it could never get to the point of nitrates. On that note, I've never heard of bioshere, maybe a typo? Biospira is the only one I've ever heard of working.

Back
Top Bottom