O come on give me a break,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imrandome1

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay so i'v got this fish pearl gourami and it had a huge .....hmm ermm like a wart or something i dont now, anyway it was the size of a little ball so i was stressing so i left it a day and it when and healed but a little whit spot on it tail is left, he rubes against plants every once in a while so i though Ick, but the water temperature is at 87 and has been for a month now, the spot is still there, soo its not ick the fish seems to be very healthy should i just leave it so far its been happy. the dot is a very white dot a little larger than this dot ( . )

I don't know how safe it is to keep the water that high for that long.... I'm not sure what the spot is but if your fish has been okay for a month I guess it's safe to say your fish is alright. I had the same issue with my silver dollars but I'm thinking now it wasn't ich like I thought...

cool, trying to lower the tank temp is actually hard the weather being at 28 degrees and the lighting seems to increase the water temp, i just cant seem to be able to lower it grrrrrr, Thanks anyway

Ick looks like someone poured salt on your fish. One bump such as you describe is definitly not ick. I would lower the thermostat by 2 degrees each day until you get it down to the optimal temperature - even if the weather outside is warm.

Does this bump look hard like a wart, or "soft" like maybe a cyst with fluid in it?

well im glad its not ICh but the little spot is a little white dot like a little tip x spot, and it slightly raised about a 1 mm and has no pearl skin around it for a diameter of 2mm il try and get a pic. just on moment Imw80...

Hmmmmm my fish h8s the camera lol i did my best lol

I see what you're talking about. It looks kind of like a pimple to me. Keep an eye on him to make sure no new ones develop and also keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't open up...open sores can be the sign of a dangerous fish disease.

I agree with Lori. It could be nothing or could be a start of something else. If they start to pop up in other places or that area starts to look infected, then you would have cause for concern. :)

will do, its been like that for the past month and nothing has changed so as long as nothing else happens im happy. :)

available in uk????? the only thing i have atm is Maracyn-two and thats cuz my dad got it while he was in the us, but thats a)not needed and b) kills the bacteria, is there anything in a med that i should look out for if you now what im saying?

Back
Top Bottom