O+ extraction help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i overdid with the O+ capsule and now there's excess nutrients in the substrate/tank. is there a way to extract as much O+ pellets as possible other than water changes?

for the record, everything is already in the tank and i prefer not to tear it down again.

How do you know there was s excess nutrients? Why is this an issue for your tank?

With ei dosing we expect to overdose the tank with nutrients to ensure we are not starving the plants of anything. This leaves light and co2 as the only 2 variables that matter.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How do you know there was s excess nutrients? Why is this an issue for your tank?

With ei dosing we expect to overdose the tank with nutrients to ensure we are not starving the plants of anything. This leaves light and co2 as the only 2 variables that matter.

You can always do water changes to cut nutrients down if you really need to, which I feel you dont.

the reason why i want to get at least some O+ out of the tank is certain areas don't have plants and i don't want excess nutrient to leach into the water column. also, some of the plants i have are experiencing hair algae, which i have applied hydrogen peroixde, and the dragonstone is partially covered with algae. my lighting schedule is 8hrs with at least 1 bubble/sec CO2. the regulator is new so it's not quite tuned to perfection yet but i have had co2 supplement like Excel before using the co2 regulator

Back
Top Bottom