O.o Senegal Birchir attacks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I'm having a bit of a columnaris epidemic with my bettas so I had to kick my goldfish out to put the sick ones in so I can be more precise with medication...so I stick him in with my senegal birchir, dwarf puffer, and blue gourami. I figure she won't do anything because he's fat and big and she never goes after my blue gourami and they're almost the same size and it'll only be a few days until he can get his tank back. Well all goes well until today when I went and looked in and...my poor goldfish is missing one eye and a pectoral fin ...yet is still swimming around as if nothing ever happened... I moved him out so my fish won't become more of a meal >.< Think he'll be okay? @__@ he seems to be fine, he's eating and everything but...has anyone else ever had a fish go missing an eye and live for a long time?

I've seen more than one cyclops fish that did just fine in aquariums, have even caught a bluegill or two that was blind on one side.

I'm just worried it might get infected @__@ and it looks so weird cuz he looks like a dead swimming corpse on one side when he swims

I can't vouch for his injuries, but I have a betta with only one eye (that's the last time I let my kid pick out a fish ... LOL) ... but it seems to be doing fine.

yeah red belly piranhas eat each others eyes out all the time when they are babies and they are over crowded, just watch for infection. If you want you can treat with some small amounts of salt to help it heal, depending on what else is in the tank

Right now he's just in with my mollies and cory catfish..I doubt they're gonna do anything to him

Back
Top Bottom