Oct - Nov: Bargins Galore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
Find a great deal at your lfs, or online somewhere? Let everyone know!

Anything fw or hardware related... be sure to include the details :)

*grins* Got a great deal at the lfs, but mostly because they aren't very bright.

Managed to get a yoyo loach (listed as a botia striata) for $3.99, but even better, got a schistura mahnerti for $6.99! The ONLY place I found carrying them is asking $15-16. And I even told the guys there what the fish were; they didn't seem to care. Heh, they're loss then, and my very happy gain.

My local PetSmart has 100 gal [ or was it 120 gal? I forget ] tanks for 100 bucks, no filter stand or anything else. Just the tank and hood.

Which I don't consider that bad since another close by LFS is selling 55gals with NO hoods for 100 o_O

William thats a great price. its not often you can score a large tank for $1/gal. Build yourself the stand and hood and you got yourself a $400+ setup for less than $200.

I found in my local paper a 55gal with stand / 2 strip light / aquaclear 500 and heater for 45.00.

I trimmed a bunch of posts from this thread - please keep the posts at least a little on topic

At my LFS, Capitol Aquarium, they just had a parking lot sale with used or items with missing peices. I was able to purchase a brand new ViaAqua 750 canister filter that runs 315gph with a missing lid housing clip for a mere $5. I alsdo puchased a used 4600 lph pump and some type of used ehim filter, also for $5. In addition, I got a brand new up to 1000gal. pond filter for $45, two boxes of 20 bio-chem star media for two dollars each, and a container of food for $2. This is a good day!!!!!

Wandering through the local petsmart on my way to homedepot I noticed they had the Emperor 400 on for sale at 49$cdn (maybe 30$us?), that is about half of what it is at BigAl's.
Don't know if they have the same sales in Canada and the US at the same time.

This is a bit of an old deal, don't know if any are left, but I haven't posted in months and months.

Big Al's Kitchener was selling off store tanks (40gal or 60gal) with UG filters and gravel (as if I'd use store gravel, but anyway) for $40CDN and $60CDN.

I pick my 60 up tomorrow.

www.bigalsonline.com has one of the best if not the best prices on equipment on the internet. I have just bought $150 worth of stuff there that otherwise would have cost me at least twice that much. Emperor 400 - $39! Ebo-Jager 250 Wt - $17!

Great deals. Check it out.
P.S. I am by no means associated with them, so they should pay me for advertisement :lol:

Good deals for Americans, but not Canadians. Because they have B&M stores here, their Canadian website sells at retail prices.

That $49.99 Emperor becomes $99.99 on the Canadian site, even though $49.99US is $65.90CDN.

Here's a *really* bad example. The Prizm skimmer advertised on the front page is $159.99US ($210.94CDN)... but on the Canadian site it sells for $439.99!!

stargurl,

What you need is an american friend that will order all needed stuff for you and then ship it all to Canada. Even with shipping charges it will be great deal for you. 8)

Hi stargurl,

Check out J&L Aquatics.
http://www.jlaquatics.com

They beat Big Al's prices but unfortunately they don't have as wide a selection.

Where in Canada are you?
I live close to them, if you have an order (dry goods only) I could pick the stuff up and mail it to you via Canada Post Expedited Parcel service. (I get a small business discount rate from Canada Post).

Just a thought...

Just got a proquatics canister 2400 filter from ebay for 82 dollars shipped. Petsmart has them for 149.99. I feel like I got a pretty good deal. Going to use it on my 125gal freshwater that I haven't bought yet. Also considering an emperor 400 or penguin 330 to use along with it. Any recommendations and did I get a good deal? Thanks

Well...not to blow my own horn too loudly, but Captive Raised Corals has Aqua C Remora skimmers with the Maxi Jet pump for 149.95 + 8.95 shipping. Deal is only for AA members and is good through Nov 15. See post in the Captive Raised Corals forum for prices on Remora Pro and surface skimmers.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=10013
I don't think you'll find them this cheap anywhere else :mrgreen: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom