Oddballs for a 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegosh

Aquarium Advice Addict
As some of you may or may not know, my 75g crashed on New Years day and wiped out all my geos. I want to do geos again but will wait until I get a bigger tank and can get a larger group of them.

So this leaves me with a pitifully stocked 75g that is driving me nuts looking at. I'm wanting to do some fish that are not so common, or often over looked. One that has always caught my eye and am considering would be a school of Poecilocharax weitzmani (black morpho tetras).

My current stock is:

1 adult koi angelfish
1 male krib
1 upside down cat
1 clown loach
3 diamond tetras
3 peppered cories
3 kuluhii loaches

So... what would you add given the current stock? I'm not opposed to rehoming some of the fish. The angelfish will have to stay as the wifey is quite attached to her.

I know Rainbow fish aren't really odd, but there are some awesome varieties that have great colors and would look excellent in a 75 Gallon. Check out the Sepik, Parkinsoni, Boesemani (more common), and Millenium Rainbows. There are many more varities but those are some of the best I could think of. They are community fish and as long as their tank mates aren't aggressive they will get along fine. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I know Rainbow fish aren't really odd, but there are some awesome varieties that have great colors and would look excellent in a 75 Gallon. Check out the Sepik, Parkinsoni, Boesemani (more common), and Millenium Rainbows. There are many more varities but those are some of the best I could think of. They are community fish and as long as their tank mates aren't aggressive they will get along fine. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I do like the larger bodied fish. A friend had some boesemani's in her tank and they seemed really nippy to me. I may have to look into their compatibility with my angel. Thanks for the suggestion!

I love my green severum, he has so much personality. Take a look at Severums!

You don't think the sev will be too bossy with the angel? What kind of tankmates are with yours?

I have a male krib, rainbow shark and some head and tail light tetras in there with him. My Severum is very peaceful, but can definitely hold his own if anyone challenges him. He can be quite intimidating lol, but again, that's only if something tries to get big with him first.

wow, that is a beautiful severum.
I like the rainbow fish a lot, or you could do a bunch of glass cats?

Back
Top Bottom