Help with Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freshwater_fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
In my tank I have 2 platies, a swordtail fish, a betta, a yoyo loach, and an algae eater! They all get along but I would like to know how many platy/swordtail's I can get to add to my tank! Thanks! Oh my tank is ten gallons and nicely planted with all live plants!

I'm getting te fish today so I need to know soon!

Instead of more platies or swordtail's, should I get 3-4 neon tetras?

None your platies, yoyo loach, and probably your algae eater ( not sure because you didn't say what kind of algae eater it is) needs a bigger tank.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't add anything else and some of those like posted need a bigger tank than a 10

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If he is that big now I would guess that he is actually a pleco. They get to be like a foot long. The only algae eater that is really ok for that small of a tank would be an oto but they are schooling so it is kinda mean to only have 1

Or he is stunted from being in a small tank. Could you get a pic of him?

I have a Clown Pleco. They only get 3 inches, if you really want a pleco you could try one of those. He isn't a big damper on my bio load. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422739865.958679.jpg

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

Back
Top Bottom