Official Pleco Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sonicxpk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
K iv'e had a fish tank for more than i can remember, anyway i think ive only had a pleco once before and it only lasted about a year.
well i recently bought a common pleco and i think it is the coolest fish in my tank and ive been reading a lot on these guys and i really want to get this guy to be the happiest and healthiest i can, when i bought him about two weeks ago at my LFS he had an abrasion on his forehead but it seems to be healing so i guess that's a good thing, so i put some wood in my tank and i also drop in romaine lettuce and cucumbers maybe every other day, but i also have a tank infested with small snails, which is why i have clown loaches but they don't seem to be doing the trick, so i don't know if the pleco is eating or the snails... any tips on the common pleco would be awesome...

Welcome to AA! :)

I agree that plecos are very cool fish! It sounds like you are doing well feeding him, he'll be a monster in no time. I hope your tank is large since they can quickly grow up to a foot and a plus!

First of all thank you, and yea I have a hundred gallon tank with tiger barbs and the two loaches no live plants but I still have a huge snail infestation which I don't mind to much as long as their not stealing all of my plecos food lol....

My friend has a bad infestation in his tank and I would often tease him about it so one day he gathered a cup full and dumped em in my tank he found it pretty hilarious lol.. my tank is still not bad as his I guess cuz of the loaches...

Well that sucks, haha...sorry its mildly amusing but I wouldve kicked somebody's a**

Lol well yea I just laugh it off, their not so bad as long as their not harming anything...

Back
Top Bottom