oh god what Have I done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok, I recently made a post about the closet fish tank, that installs in my closet and shows into the room on the other side, today with out permisiion from my parents ( yes I still live at home even though i'm 21 lol ) I put the first hole in the wall for the idea, all is not well, theres a 32 inch box in the wall and no fish tank to put there LOL mom and dad are mad beyoind belief, but they didn'tsay I couldn't finish the project maahahahahahahahhahaha

8O

Well of course they didn't say you couldn't finish it. Now you have no other choice!! What else are you going to do with the hole?? lol. That was very brave.

BTW, I'm about your same age. My parents are blocking my plans for pressurized CO2. I'm gonna show them this post. See?? It could be much worse, mom and dad! lol

Cool idea though. I thought it was an awesome project when I first read it. Post pics!

:lol: bad son, very bad son!

It's not like it can't be fixed when you move out. I think it is funny, but you aren't my kid so I can laugh.

see its not as bad as they think, they fvorget I've done carpentry for 5 years now, I know something about drywall and construction, plus i'm putting trim around it anywas, if anything it ups the resale value a bit, there just lucky I didn't opt for the 800 gallon tank HAHAHA and pressurized CO2 is nothing compared to Idea I had of making my own homemade flash pots ( pyro technics ) altoids cans, gun powder, and model rocket ignitors are not safe pyros LOL

Could you fit an 800 gal? I'd do it if it were possible. How awesome would that be?! :D
It sounds like it'll be beautiful. Be sure to take pics of the construction and the end result so I can be jealous. I'd love an in-wall (or better yet, an entire wall, mwhaha)

I assume that you posted this so people could reply, not just ones that think your actions were clever or cute. I think it showed a horrible lack of respect for your parents property. That is what it is, you may live there, but the home is theirs. If my son were to decide to redesign my home while he was staying with me, he would be looking for a new place the next day.

I would hope that other members here, who have cool ideas, would have the foresight to clear it with the parent, or landlord before starting such a project.

My son's would not think of putting a hole in the wall without asking first. Just remember when you get a place of you own that dad gets to come over and put a hole in the wall for something he thinks will be cool.

If you want to make changes without asking first, maybe its time to pay for your own place.
I hope mom and dad like the tank, and want to take care of it , because when you move out your leaving the remodel.....RIGHT.

first off, I never ask anyones opinions on wether I hgave respect for my parents property, If I didn't have respect for my parents and care for them like I do there wouldn't be an 03 mustnag in the driveway that I bought for them to replace the trashed taurus they drove around, second of all, even if it is my parents house, I've done alot worse in my day than put a small hole in the wall, I've bulldozed pretty much my entire yard as a motocross track without asking, I accidently burned down a tool shed, and I 've added a screened in deck, a pond and a garden, I have respect and I do ALOT more around this house than most 21 year olds would do

Spoken like a 21 year old !

....look it you want us to say hey... good for you, ......then don't start with "mom and dad are mad beyond belief".....all we're saying is ask first.

As a father of two boys 22 & 25, I also would be "mad beyond belief", ......or something like that!!!!

mom and dad aren't mad about the hole in particular, there mad about the closet space I'm suppodly wasted, when I move out, I have plans on taking the tank setup with me anyways and putting new drywall in place of the whole and restoring it back to the way it was, but for now, why not kick back and enjoy some of natures beauty next to the couch, instead of the TV watch the tank, thats why I pawned my TV, I'd rather watch the tank, and they always wanna come in my room and see mine, so why not give them one for themselves, its not like I did out of my own greedy MTS, or did it on the fly, alot of planning went into it, I have a notebook full of plans that would have worked, but I went with the bext one, I should have asked yes, but that ruins the surprise, and if goofy walmart wouldn't been out of the 29 gallon kits the thin would have already been finished

Oh man!!! you are so lucky they didn't tell you to pack your bags and go LOL... My Dad would have Whooped my rear!!! Your parents must REALLY love you!! that is awesome!!! even if you did.. bulldoze pretty much your entire yard as a motocross track without asking, and accidently burned down a tool shed..

Yep, that brings back memory's.... I remember the time my youngest brother drove a day old lawnmower into the side of the Garage and knocked it down... Oh boy did I stay somewhere else THAT night LOL.. and the time my younger brother played edward scissor hands with the older brother.. NOT pretty!!!

LOL hey in defense about the track thing, the yard was already tore up from being leveled out for a new addition about to go in, so I was playing on the little teramite and thought it would be cool to build a track for a couple days till the workers came back, it wqs cool till I slung mud on the house lol and the tool shed like I said was an accident, I gues one of my smokes wasn't out of the way or something and must have cuaght a rag or something on fire, and yeah me and my parents love each other, we just torment each other lol

Back
Top Bottom