Oh, help me... Tank #4.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This fish disease... its spreading. We are now on our fourth tank.

My husband, in all of his infinite widsom, decided that my daughter needed a fish tank in her bedroom. So we picked up a 10 gallon starter kit.. Of course her bookcase wont hold it, so we took my 5 gallon betta tank and put that in her bedroom, and then put the 10 gallon in the old betta spot.

So now we have a tank in nearly every room of the apartment, with the exceptions of the kitchen and the bathroom.

Anyways... I did the tank up as a kelp forest with an orca and a penguin, since my daughter so loves penguins and is currently obsessed with the Free Willy movies.

Now just to decide what to eventually stock it with.. No neon tetra, no cardinal tetra, no betta. I think maybe some ember tetra or white cloud mountain minnows.

Here it is...

img_1719995_0_aa003ee01a621ab5eafa84140e6b4099.jpg

Alright... Tank has been seeded with a well-used filter cartridge (the bag is starting to fall apart- definitely due for a change). I basically just folded the old cartridge over and tucked it behind the new cartridge in the new tank.

My husband has been pestering me about getting together a list of fish we *could* get.

Definitely want like 5 Ember Tetra.

What other small schooling fish could we do in there? I dont think we have enough space for Zebra Danio because I know how much they like to move. We already have neon tetra and will be getting cardinal tetras for the 46 gallon.

Hi looking very nice(y) how about penguin tetra's - not that they look like penguins:nono: Ember tetra's sound perfect got some myself and they are a very nice:fish2:

They aren't too bad, but Id prefer to put them in a tank with a little more swimming space. My hubs really likes the look of the Celestial Pearl Danios... But Im not sure where we would get those here.

Tentatively speaking... 6 C.P. Danio & 6 Ember Tetra, a snail, and some red cherry shrimp?

They aren't too bad, but Id prefer to put them in a tank with a little more swimming space. My hubs really likes the look of the Celestial Pearl Danios... But Im not sure where we would get those here.

Tentatively speaking... 6 C.P. Danio & 6 Ember Tetra, a snail, and some red cherry shrimp?

That sounds like a great stocking plan. I know a CPD breeder if you want to contact him; PM me and I can send you his info. I got my CPDs from him. Also if you want to keep the seeded media in the new tank viable you should feed it an ammonia source to keep the bacteria alive until you get fish. :D Pure ammonia is cleanest and easiest; if you have a test kit just dose until you get to 2 PPM of ammonia (4 is overkill for that size tank and nano fish). If you're going to get fish soon though then it should be OK for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom