Oh No!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbydee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have a 10g aquarium that has (actually had)

6 golden tetras
2 mollies
2 mystery snails
2 unknown (I forget, they are in the tetra family though)

Anyways, about 2 weeks ago one of my snails died. Yesterday, was my first day back to work in 3 days and I saw that one of my tetras had died as well.

Well since yesterday, all my fish have been laying at the bottom of the tank. I don't understand why, I gave them a vacation feeder while I was gone for 3 days and I did a partial water change about 6 days ago.

What is going on???

what is your water temp? possible your heater went also check the auto feeder it may not have given food. and lights? on off?

Do a couple of large (50%) water changes with treated and temp matched water and they should perk up. Those vacation feeder cubes are the worst things ever, they will foul the water quickly. Your fish would have been perfectly fine going three days without feeding.

Temp is 75, no I don't use lights. Okay, I will do another water change. Thank You.

Vacation feeder blocks are known for doing nasty things to your water parameters, especially in smaller tanks. In the future just let them go without food for the 3 days. Fish don't need to be fed every single day like humans do, and can go a week between meals without having any issues at all.

I am just posting to second the idea of doing a 50% water change ASAP. As said again and again, those feeder blocks do nasty things to water, and should be avoided. Do a few water changes to get rid of the gunk that it released.

Hope I helped!

Back
Top Bottom