Oh no a snail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeathB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just saw a snail in my 10 gallon, which seems a bit strange as nothing has changed to that tank in the past few months aside from changing to eco complete. Hope he isn't trying to eat my plants. :(

Once I get my yoyo loaches for my 29g they might have a good snack though.

A bit small to get a picture, but its about the size of a bb and its shell is sort of a semi-transparent golden color.

It's probably been there for a while. Baby snails are tiny and if you're not looking for them (or even if you are) you might never see them.

I had a bunch of snails in my first tank and they did a great job of keeping it clean. It was by a window and I had about 4 tiger barbs and a pleco with some anacharis in there and they came on the anacharis apparently.

for the most part there is nothing wrong with snails more so the ones that come with plants. its a good way to measure if you are over feeding or not.

It could be a ramshorn snail too, because mine looked the same when they showed up (golden shell). I have moved them into the snail tank where they get alot of food, and I can't believe how fast they grow!

Back
Top Bottom