Oh no not another!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had fish get stuck to my filter before. It's an aquaclear 20 in 15 gallon tank. I had a little danio get sucked through multiple times. The funny thing is, he survived (I have no idea how). I eventually took a filter sponge, put a hole in it, made it roundish, and put it over my intake. Everything's been fine since. I have to rinse it out every month or so.

BTW. Beautiful snails!

Has anyone ever put the sponge INSIDE the intake? Would that have the same effect kind of? Without the bulkiness of the one on the outside. Just wondering.
I have an aquaclear in my betta tank, and even his fins have never gotten stuck in there. I hope they never do!!! :(
Thanks Corrado. :)

I just use the media bags (mesh bags) you can get at the LFS to cover my filter intakes. It works just fine and we've never had fry or snails get sucked up. Just rinse once a week and go.

Try having a mystery snail caught up with a power head. Lost 2 that way. Just not a pretty thing.

Well I also have to save up a better light.. I got the root tab, ferts, CO2 supplement, but my light source is horrid..for my planted tank that is.

Back
Top Bottom